Outside the Box Eventbrite Tip
Using #Eventbrite to Network Globally
Have you purchased event tickets online recently? Chances are you’ve done so via a site such as ‘EventBrite’ You probably clicked a link, purchased your ticket and clicked straight back off the site, if you stick around you can find out there is so much more that you could be doing with it.
Founded in 2006 in San Francisco, the capital of tech, Eventbrite is a platform that allows event organizers to plan, promote, and sell tickets to events and publish them across Facebook, Twitter and other social-networking tools directly from the site’s interface.
Today I’m going to give you a very simple networking tip using Eventbrite 🙂
Want to get out and about in your own local community to meet people for the purpose of business networking? growing your brand? getting your name out there? Want to expand your business into a new area you’re visiting or spending some time in? Got a new sales office and a keen team ready to spread the word? Started a new business and need to make some real life connections of value?
Follow these simple steps (honestly they don’t get much more simple than this)
- Go to www.eventbrite.com
- Find the SEARCH facility
- Enter your home town or town of interest (or country)
- Don’t click anything else but ENTER (as you get to grips with this site you can start amending the searches to show only FREE events, only events in the next month and so on)
- Scroll through the events and register for any ones of interest (many are absolutely free!)
EXAMPLE 1 – For a Mum starting a business in Dubai – I entered Dubai and immediately found a FREE Momprenuer training event which will provide excellent training and networking with like minded individuals https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mompreneur-rising-season-7-tickets-32882080187?aff=es2
EXAMPLE 2 – For a printing company in Kent UK – I entered Kent, looked for free events and immediately found a wedding fair coming up in Canterbury where you would have a room full of local businesses to network with https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-totally-wow-wedding-fair-spring-tickets-31462090961?aff=es2
- Get the event in your calendar and prep yourself for some networking!
- See if the event has a facebook page/group or instagram account & check if they are using a hash tag so you can utilise these too
- Plan your route there, your professional/and or event suitable outfit
- Be armed with your biggest smile, an open mind and a handful of great business cards
- Enjoy the event, see what you can learn and who you can meet and who you can help
- When you get back don’t forget to write and thank the organiser, connect with anyone you have met at the event and follow up!
- Share the event and your experience of it on your social media platforms
- Happy Networking!
Ps. Please share below what events you find and register for using these tips and don’t forget to tag a connection that you think may also benefit from this 🙂